He will tell you anything if you ask. He speaks the truth whether you agree or not. He is a straight, no nonsense kind of man and very intelligent.
His accomplishments: Did you know?
* Served in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1974
* Received a presidential appointment to the United States Naval Academy
* Holds a degree in General Engineering and a minor in International Security Affairs
* Was selected as special duty intelligence officer, specializing in cryptology
* Received the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, two Navy Expeditionary Medals, two Humanitarian Service Medals, a Navy Achievement Medal, two Navy Commendation Medals and two Meritorious Service Awards
* Published six books to date
* Received three Outstanding Talk Show Host emmy awards
* Has arranged for hundreds of people to attend psychological counseling sessions, weight-loss and eating disorder programs, and drug rehabilitation centers after they appear on the show.
* Inspired the show’s After-Care Program, which began in 1992
* Has become the national spokesman for The Partnership for Prescription Assistance
* He established The Montel Williams MS Foundation in 2000 to further the scientific study of MS, provide financial assistance to select organizations and institutions conducting research, raise national awareness, and educate the public. In a short time, the organization has reached several milestones. It has granted over $1 million dollars to research
One of Mr. Williams' key beliefs is that "success is determined by what you give back to others," which is why he has worked actively with a variety of charitable organizations throughout the years.
And now I am very pissed off that he has been fired because he spoke the truth...he told it like it is. For just over three minutes on Saturday morning, TV talk show host Montel Williams owned the hosts of Fox and Friends. Montel lectured the stunned hosts on the stupidity of spending air time on the death of Heath Ledger, rather than covering the war in Iraq. He expressed sorrow for Heath and his family but... It was a spectacle rarely seen on live cable television, as Montel exposed and condemned both tabloid "news" shows and much of American culture for what they have each become: shallow and greedy.
Three minutes into this awkward segment on Fox, one host cut off Montel in order to go to a commercial. Montel did not return after the break. Four days later, after 17 years as a television host, Montel lost his job.
Hmmm...freedom of speech? Nope, not for Montel.
Watch the video and tell me what you think: Do you agree or Disagree that he should have been fired?
Write to FOX if you disagree: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77538,00.html
I believe this country is so backwards and we have so many issues in this country that are not being dealt with.