A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
I have a few collectibles that I add to on an occasional basis. My collection of angels, wild cats and carousel horses are becoming quite big. When ever I am out and about, I'll pick up an item or the people in my life knowing I collect certain items, will pick one up for me.
This can be a favorite hobby for some or it can even turn into a career. I started collecting carousel horses as a kid. My favorite ride on the boardwalk at the shore was...you guessed it...the carousel. I loved the painted horses...the music.
My collection of angels stemmed from an experience that made my belief grow stronger. My tigers and lions are just a pleasure to see. Those animals are beautiful.
If you have a collection, what made you start? Are they for decorative purposes or do you have a personal reason for the theme which your collection revolves around? I know some collect for the monetary value. Collectibles and memorabilia have become big business. There are an abundance of marketers that offer many items. To make your buying experience easier and have product information, price comparisons and user reviews all in once place and at your fingertips, the best resource will probably be www.shopwiki.com. It won't be necessary for you to go through page after page.
Collectives and memorabilia make great gifts. There a literally thousands of items people collect. Sport items, TV and movie memorabilia,childhood toys, rocks, coins and stamps, Elvis memorabilia, decorative items, cards and the list can go on and on. If you know someone that has a passion for a certain item, why not pick them up an item. I am sure they would love that you took the time to add a keepsake to their collection.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone..
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Friday, June 12, 2009
How the program works:
If you're not already a member, just enroll in the program and register your credit or debit card. Then, simply dine out at a participating location when Cashback Rewards are being offered and use your registered card to pay.
There are no additional cards to carry, coupons to print, or numbers to remember. And you can manage your cards and view rewards anytime in your online My Account Center. Neighborhood bistros. Fine-dining restaurants. The hottest bars and clubs. Rewards Network includes thousands of great places throughout the United States and Canada so you'll always find something to suit your tastes.
When you login and search for participating places on this site, you will see helpful information about the establishment as well as when you can earn Cashback Rewards. When you join Rewards Network online today, you'll save up to 15% every time you dine out at participating restaurants, bars and clubs. That's 15% of your entire bill–drinks, tips and tax included!
Your Cashback Rewards(SM) will be credited back to your registered credit or debit card shortly after you dine out. And remember: The level of savings depends on how often you dine out and with which bonuses you participate.
While I was on the Rewards Network Home page, I did a search for my area. I was surprised how many places you can receive discounts at. Do a search for any area to see participating establishments.
Well, I thought I’d just pass this information along. I know a lot people use coupons and a lot who are interested in saving a few bucks here and there. So, here’s another way to save some money, but not have to worry about coupons or looking tacky using a coupon to pay for a business dinner/lunch.
Check it out for yourself...go HERE
Saturday, June 6, 2009
you must first impress upon your subconscious mind.
Your inner thoughts can cause you to be rich or poor,loved or unloved, happy or unhappy,attractive or unattractive, powerful or weak.
What you impress upon your mind, you'll inevitably become.
Relentless, repetitive self talk will change your self image.
You'll affect your subconscious mind with verbal repetition.
Constant repetition carries conviction.
When you change your values you'll change your behavior.
Start thinking of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
Self suggestion will make you the master of yourself.
You can become whatever you want to be.
When you believe you can, you can.
I needed time to regroup. I found myself concentrating on everything 'online' and felt other areas of my life were lacking my attention. I felt somewhat off balance.
Have you ever felt that way?
And, with the nicer weather here, it seems there are more get togethers, activities and events that I wanted to be a part of. I also wanted to get all my outdoor chores done, so I had more free time to just enjoy life. I found it took me a couple of full weekends to just get my front and back yard in order.
Now I think it is time to get back to my blogs because I do miss writing and interactng with other bloggers.
BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More
BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More