A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Are you drinking enough water? I had learned the hard way. When I was ill a few months back, I became seriously dehydrated and let me tell you, it is not a good feeling. Drinking water may get overlooked with the amount of coffee, tea or soda people drink during the day. Even though coffee or tea is made up of water, the caffeine blocks the benefits of water reaching the areas of our bodies which need water.
I was told to keep my body properly hydrated, I should drink a glass of water at every meal and one between each. I have been making a conscious effort to drink as much water throughout the day as I could. I never want to experience being dehydrated again.
Read below some water facts. Some may surprise you.
* Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
*At birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight.
* A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.
* Drinking too much water too quickly can lead to water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water dilutes the sodium level in the bloodstream and causes an imbalance of water in the brain.
* Water intoxication is most likely to occur during periods of intense athletic performance.
*While the daily recommended amount of water is eight cups per day, not all of this water must be consumed in the liquid form. Nearly every food or drink item provides some water to the body
* By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.
* The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is weight from water, not fat.
* Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
* Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
* Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
* Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
* For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
* Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
* Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
* Water naturally moisturizes skin and ensures proper cellular formation underneath layers of skin to give it a healthy, glowing appearance.
* Water aids in the digestion process and prevents constipation.
* Water is the primary mode of transportation for all nutrients in the body and is essential for proper circulation.
* 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
* In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
that it is mistaken for hunger.
* Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
* One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
* A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Considering the poll I have on this blog right now, it was the perfect time to post this. Maybe you don't realize that your religion or spirituality does play a role in your daily life.
The Last Day
1. God won't ask what kind of car you drove. He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.
2. God won't ask the square footage of your house. He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home
3. God won't ask about the clothes you hold in your closet. He'll ask how many you helped to clothe.
4. God won't ask what your highest salary was. He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.
5. God wont' ask what your job title was. He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
6. God won't ask how many friends you have. He'll ask to whom you were a friend.
7. God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived. He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.
8. God won't ask about the color of your skin. He'll ask about the content of your character.
9. God won't ask why it took so long to seek Salvation. He'll lovingly take you to your mansion in heaven and not to the gates of hell.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Carrot: A sliced carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil, iris and radiating lines look just like the human eye... and science shows carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.
Tomato:When you slice a tomato, you will see that it has four chambers and is red. The heart has four chambers and is red. All of the research shows tomatoes are loaded with lycopine and are indeed pure heart and blood food.
Grapes: Grapes hang in a cluster that has the shape of the heart. Each grape looks like a blood cell and all of the research today shows grapes are also profound heart and blood vitalizing food.
Walnut:When you crack open a walnut, it looks like a little brain. It has a left and right hemisphere, upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums. Even the wrinkles or folds on the nut are just like the neo-cortex. We now know walnuts help develop more than three dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.
Kidney Beans: They actually heal and help maintain kidney function and yes, they look exactly like the human kidneys.
Celery, Bok Choy, Rhubarb: They look many more like bones. These foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are 23% sodium and these foods are 23% sodium. If you don't have enough sodium in your diet, the body pulls it from the bones, thus making them weak. These foods replenish the skeletal needs of the body.
Avocadoes, Eggplant and Pears: These target the health and function of the womb and cervix of the female - they look just like these organs. Today's research shows that when a woman eats one avocado a week, it balances hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight, and prevents cervical cancers. And how profound is this? It takes exactly nine (9) months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit. There are over 14,000 photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in each one of these foods (modern science has only studied and named about 141 of them).
Figs: They are full of seeds and hang in twos when they grow. Figs increase the mobility of male sperm and increase the numbers of Sperm as well to overcome male sterility.
Sweet Potatoes: look like the pancreas and actually balance the glycemic index of diabetics.
Olives: assist the health and function of the ovaries.
Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits: They look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.
Onions: They look like the body's cells. Today's research shows onions help clear waste materials from all of the body cells. They even produce tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes. A working companion, Garlic, also helps eliminate waste materials and dangerous free radicals from the body.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
This action is the most annoying while you're trying to concentrate on a project or talk to someone on the phone. All you hear is...clip...clip...clip and just when you think the person is done, it starts again clip...clip...clip. silence for a few more minutes and yet again...clip...clip...clip It seems the sound just gets louder and then echos throughout the office.
The sound of a metal nail clipper... that clicking sound is enough to drive you insane. Like nails on a blackboard. And where are they putting the clippings? Hopefully in the trash can, but who knows.
Am I alone in thinking that grooming should be done at home?
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
The subject of stem cells is one some are not comfortable with and it is a controversial subject. I happen to believe in the positive approach science is taking for the use of stem cells. Stem cells have helped so many facing serious illnesses.
Having said that, there has been a new breakthrough for women. As seen on CNNMoney , a company by the name of C'elle has been dedicated to research and technology regarding women and the use of stem cells. Women can now take control of their own lives. No one wants to even think about future illnesses. Whether it is their own or that of a loved one,but the reality is, illness can strike at any time. To be prepared and to help with a cure for serious illnesses, women can now look to their own bodies for the help needed. Future therapies of some serious diseases may be found in women's stem cells by way of menstrual blood.
C’elle has come up with a way for women to use a non-invasive collection process in the privacy of their own home. The menstrual cells are processed and cryo-preserved (stored at a very low temperature) for potential cellular therapies that may be used in the future.
See below a press release from C'elle. This is something every women should look into and may be important one day in the future.
Taking Control: Future Therapies for a Host of Serious Diseases May Be Found in Women's Menstrual Blood
July 07, 2008: 01:28 PM EST
OLDSMAR, Fla., July 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- With today’s hectic lifestyle, where most women are juggling careers, family, relationships, and a host of activities, the idea of possibly facing a serious illness in the future is not something that readily comes to mind -- especially when a woman is in the prime of her life. But what most women don’t know, is that the key to treating a number of possibly life-threatening diseases that she, a parent, a sibling or even her children may face in later years, such as osteoporosis, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, may be found within her own body -- in vital stem cells, which can now be harvested from her own menstrual blood.
Now, thanks to the revolutionary research and technology of C’elle, a service dedicated to providing women with a safe and easy method of collecting and preserving stem cells found in her menstrual fluid each month, even the busiest woman can take control of her future, right in the privacy of her own home. With C’elle’s non-invasive collection process, menstrual cells are processed and cryo-preserved (stored at a very low temperature) for potential cellular therapies that may be used in the future. These self-renewing cells one day may even be used for sports medicine or cosmeceutical treatments, such as anti-aging therapies.
"C’elle enables and empowers a woman to take control of her future health, and possibly of those genetically closest to her, in a fast, painless and stress free way," said Michelle Kay, Marketing and Sales Manager for C’elle. "We live in exciting times, as science and technology are discovering how extremely valuable menstrual blood stem cells really are, and the enormous treatment potential they represent for future therapies. C’elle’s ongoing research is supporting these promising findings."
For more information about C’elle, please call 1-877-892-3553 or visit www.celle.com.
We are all capable of transforming ourselves by increasing the good qualities and eliminating the negative ones. Do not talk yourself into thinking you cannot reach the goals you have been dreaming about. You need to move forward. Anytime you accomplish a goal, however small or large, you get a good feeling. No one can take that feeling away. That good feeling is personal achievement and not only will it help build your self confidence, it will help you to continue to accomplish what you set out to do.
While you are building up your self confidence, don't fall into the below negatives:
Don't get wrapped up in your mistakes and dwell on bad points; they can contrast your good points or even give you something to improve. There's no feeling like being good at something you were really bad at.
Don't confuse what you have with who you are. People degrade their self worth when comparing possessions.
Surround yourself with nurturing friends, not overly critical individuals who make you feel inadequate or insecure. This could do great harm and damage to your self confidence.
Do not try to become confident in the interest of finding a partner. You will regret creating a false personality as the relationship goes along.
It's good to have a lot of confidence, but don't build it up so much that you get egotistical and annoying.
Lack of confidence is not necessarily a curse! So do not worry. Many ignorant, fanatic and maniac people are confident but is that desirable? No. Building self confidence should be associated with simultaneous growth from within. Thus by overcoming pettiness and superficiality you can build unshakable self confidence.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Our Huge Pet Blogging Community will probably be overjoyed. This is a place for like minded pet lovers to gather and exchange photos or information. While I surf blogs, I am thrilled to come across someone who is a pet lover and has developed their blogs solely around animals. Whether it is to help those you cannot speak for themselves or write about the joys of pet ownership or bring awareness about cruelty, I am glad I am not alone in my sensitivity towards animals.
Animals are my weak spot and I realized a dream of mine many, many years ago.I had always wanted to work with animals and I got the chance to work for Animal Rescue Force here in New Jersey. It was a great experience for the 5 years with them, but honestly it became so stressful for me, I had to move on. I am still involved with animal welfare, but in a different capacity.
It's refreshing to see Anamigo trying to launch a site that allow others to feel comfortable in sharing or bragging and realize how important our babies are to us.
This site just may become the portal for 'everything animals'. They showcase blurbs of blogs dedicated to animals, have links regarding healthcare, pet services, pet friendly businesses and travel, animal welfare, pet stores and recreation. The adorable pictures of animals had me ahhhh'ing for awhile.
If you're a pet owner you may want to upload some of your babies pictures and brag alittle about your best friend. There is a difference between pet lovers and non lovers and at Anamigo, you can join a community with other like minded people.
This site currently in beta is probably looking for any suggestions for creating the best pet networking site possible, so if you have any ideas, drop them a line. So far, I don't have any two cents to contribute. I liked what I saw.
Here's a picture of my "baby" when she was 4 months old. She's 5 years older and 120 lbs heavier, but still has that adorable face.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
I agree with the tips here and I know it's easy to forget sometimes. We slip back into our old patterns, but implement one or two until you believe... until you feel a difference, then move on to another one or two.
True self confidence comes from a positive attitude. No one said life would be easy, but if you promise yourself that no matter how difficult a problem or situation is, you will try hard to help yourself the best you can. You also need to acknowledge that the results may not always be successful, but at least you tried your best.
Keep a positive demeanor and cheerful outlook on life. Being satisfied with your personal life and realize your potential will help build your self confidence.
** Exercise and eat healthy. Exercise raises endorphins and makes one feel happier and healthier. It is certainly an easy and effective way to boost your self-confidence.
** When you're feeling superbly insecure, write down a list of things that are good about you. Then read the list back. You'd be surprised at what you can come up with.
** Turn feelings of envy or jealousy into a desire to achieve. Stop wanting what others have just because they have it; seek things simply because you want them, whether anybody else has them or not.
** Don't be afraid to push yourself a bit - a little bit of pressure can actually show just how good you are!
** Take a wilderness experience course such as those found at Outward Bound or NOLS. Learning how to survive in the wilderness will build your confidence in other areas of life too. You can also try taking a martial arts or fitness class/course (or both). This will help build confidence and strength.
** Try to make yourself talk positively at all times. When you hear yourself saying you can't do something, stop and say you can. Unless you try, you will never know whether you are able to or not.
** Everyone is beautiful in their own way, don't let anyone tell you differently, and remember to tell yourself that you are beautiful everyday, even if you don't believe it, one day you will.
** Money, luck, beauty, and all other material things are just an illusion of happiness. It misleads us to believe we will feel excellent if we have these things or have fun, but in the long run, you will discover that while these things aren't to say horrible, but only mere satisfactions. You will realize having the American Eagle jacket, Nike Shoes, or an attractively rich person flirting with you is only a satisfaction, so you in the end you might feel glad you've gotten what you wanted, but you'll want more and more until you reach happiness. It'll be you just running for happiness blindly until you are worn out.
Trust me, happiness is not all about being lucky, attractive, or the best but feeling joyful in yourself, letting go of your insecurities, and having real fun. Sometimes going clubbing is also what the media tags as being the most fun thing, and it can be, but you decide what feels wonderful and happily fun. The reason people also reflect back to their childhood as "the good ole days" is because that's when being the richest or prettiest doesn't count really, and when we were able to release ourselves and have true fun, feeling happy and confident.
** Write something on wikiHow! If you have a suggestion for anything then share it. You will feel good for contributing,helping someone and having your voice heard.
** Keep smiling all the time. It will help you feel more confidence
Say what comes to your Mind since your instinct thought of it, it's the right thing for you. Trusting your instinct will provide you with confidence to make the right decision at the right time.
Do you have any tips you can share on building self confidence? Has any one thing in particular helped you be more confidant?
Friday, July 4, 2008
33.3% said they needed improvement in motivation
66.7% said they needed improvement in their confidence
Based on those results, I thought I'd post about confidence and how we can improve in that area.
Lack of self-confidence are the major blocks to success, freedom and happiness. According to Wiki How, here are 13 steps to help you build self confidence:
1. Recognize your insecurities. What does that voice in the back of your mind say? What makes you ashamed of yourself? This could be anything from acne, to regrets, to emotional abuse (past or present) from a loved one or friends at school. Whatever is making you feel unworthy, ashamed, or inferior, identify it, give it a name, and write it down.
2. Talk about it with friends and loved ones. Wear it on your sleeve. Each day chip away at it; wear it down. There's no quick fix. Get to the root of the problem; focus on it and understand that you need to resolve each issue before you can move on.
3. Remember that no one is perfect. Even the most confident people have insecurities. At some point in any of our lives, we may feel we lack something. That is reality. Learn that life is full of bumps down the road.
4. Identify your successes. Everyone is good at something, so discover the things at which you excel, then focus on your talents. Give yourself permission to take pride in them. Give yourself credit for your successes. Inferiority is a state of mind in which you've declared yourself a victim. Do not allow yourself to be victimized.
5. Be thankful for what you have. A lot of the times, at the root of insecurity and lack of confidence is a feeling of not having enough of something, whether it's emotional validation, good luck, money, etc. By acknowledging and appreciating what you do have, you can combat the feeling of being incomplete and unsatisfied. Finding that inner peace will do wonders for your confidence.
6. Be Positive, even if you don't feel positive. Avoid self-pity, or the pity and sympathy of others. Never allow others to make you feel inferior--they can only do so if you let them. If you continue to loathe and belittle yourself, others are going to do and believe likewise. Instead, speak positively about yourself, about your future, and about your progress. Do not be afraid to project your strengths and qualities to others. By doing so, you reinforce those ideas in your mind and encourage your growth in a positive direction.
7. Look in the mirror and smile. Studies surrounding what's called the "facial feedback theory" suggest that the expressions on your face can actually encourage your brain to register certain emotions. So by looking in the mirror and smiling every day, you might feel happier with yourself and more confident in the long run.
8. Fake it. Along the same lines of smiling to make yourself feel happy, acting confident might actually make you believe it. Pretend you're a completely confident version of you; go through the motions and see how you feel.
9. Express yourself, whether it's through art, music, writing, etc. Find something you enjoy. Everyone is born with talents and strengths. You can develop and excel in yours. If it's difficult to name two or three things you have some ability in or just plain love to do, think about things others do that you would like to do too and take some lessons or join an enthusiasts club. When you're following your passion, not only will it have a therapeutic effect, but you'll feel unique and accomplished, all of which can help build your self confidence. Plus, adding a variety of interests to your life will not only make you more confident, but it will increase your chances of meeting compatible friends!
10. Stick to your principles. It might be tough, but if you don't have something you can believe in, you don't have anything. If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything. No matter what's happened in your life, you can always lay claim to the fact that from this day forward, you've followed your principles to the best of your ability.
11. Help others. When you know you're kind to the people around you, and are making a positive difference in other people's lives (even if it's just being kinder to the person who serves you coffee in the morning) you'll know that you are a positive force in the world--which will boost your self confidence. Go volunteer twice a month at an elementary school. Bake something for your neighbor for no reason. Confidence that you have earned is the most long-lasting.
12. Stop worrying. What worries you today will be forgotten by you and people around you tomorrow. Can you remember what you were so worried about the same day the same time last week? If not, then you should not worry right now. You will not worry about it even one week from now.
13. Stand tall. Our body posture represents what we are at that particular time. Simple habit that we can learn and start to implement it are stand and sit correctly. Your great and nice body posture will speak for you. How you stand sends out a message to the World, and in turn, back to you.
Part 2 will contain positive tips that will continue to help with building confidence
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Axel G began his own personal development journey back in 1993 while living in Thailand. While practicing meditation, his experience lead him to find happiness and well being. He has been ordained as a junior-Buddhist monk twice and has practiced mediation in Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, UK and Sweden.
He has been helping others by way of sending spiritual energy through deep mediation and teaching how you can achieve happiness and well being. He now wants to go a step further. He is offering FREE guided meditation downloads for both the beginner or the more experienced.
Some of his free downloads include topics on:
Success, Happiness, Stress, Relaxation, Depression, Suicide, Spirituality Meditation,and Healing
More downloads are added on a regular basis.
True happiness and well being begin from within. Positive thoughts, affirmations and relaxation exercise are ways to achieve this. Meditation provides deep relaxation, body connection, awareness and increases the flow of energy in your body. Breathing is also key to well being. Learning and being aware of proper breathing will increase energy and mental clarity.
Axel G provides you with 'The Beautiful Breathe' experience. You have a choice of downloading this exercise or reading it as text. He teaches you proper breathing and guides you through this breathing meditation exercise step by step so you can truly become aware...aware of each breath, relaxing as you breathe, calming your mind and making a connection with your body.
The mind, body and soul are connected and when they work together can create amazing positive results. With a healthy body, a healthy mind and the spirit to carry us, we can achieve happiness and enjoy all that life has to offer.
Visit Axel G's site at http://axelg.com/ and take advantage of his giving spirit.
If you have ever thought about trying meditation and/or want to begin your own personal development journey, you may be reading this post for a reason.
BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More
BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More