A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
1. To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. Do you agree with this sentence?
I found that sometimes when your actions are not accomplishing what you want, you need to do something you have not done before or change your actions. If you have a goal in mind, you also have to do something you never did to accomplish that goal.
2. When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
What came to mind after reading this sentence were two other sayings I hold close. One is: when one door closes, another opens. I find this to be very true. The other one is: In the Journey of life, what may appear to be the end is actually a new beginning.
If you ever blamed 'God' for something that didn't go as you planned, think about this sentence and keep the faith. Have you ever felt punished?
3. Think about this sentence...The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.I have found this to be true. I have experienced many, many speed bumps of life and somehow, things always work out.
I always look for the lesson and keep positive, even in bad times. This truly enables me to deal with a negative situation, plus I realize someone is watching over me.
So....after reading these three sentences, what came to mind? Share your thoughts
Saturday, February 21, 2009
1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile :0)
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list
14. You actually checked to see there wasn't a #9 on this list.
Have a Great Weekend…
Monday, February 16, 2009
This oil has many, many benefits and is a natural product that can be used for a variety of conditions. From anti-aging to medicinal. This oil is considered to be a 'natural wonder'
I just made my purchase of pure emu oil and intend to use it as a facial moisturizer. At my age, I could use alittle extra help to rejuvenate my skin.
Read my post What is Emu Oil?
Friday, February 13, 2009
Do you have a passion for photography? Or do you find that you are the 'one' in the crowd always with a camera? This opportunity shares with you the information necessary to turn your love of picture taking into money.
When I first started my website,I needed pictures to correspond to my content. You can view some pictures I bought by viewing my website here. I joined istock photo and had to pay for the use of those pictures. I assume all businesses with websites, brochures, newsletter etc, need to do the same thing. You can not simply 'steal' a picture from someone and use it for your own personal or business use.
I have been reading about the demand of amateur photos. I know that if your pictures are accepted at one of these photo sites, there is a chance for your
picture(s) to be bought and then there's an additional chance of repeat sales. That money can quickly add up.
If you think about all the sites on the Internet and all the businesses that are in need of pictures, there is an opportunity here to make some extra money.
The program I am referring to is called Photo Wealth System and it's not free, but I noticed it's only $29.95. That's really not a huge amount of money to spend if the system works.
I have read the landing page and it makes sense to me, so I may be trying this out myself. Read the page yourself and see what you think. Click here This company also lists additional bonuses that come with a purchase.
A home based business can be born for a stay at home mom, college student or anyone wanting extra monthly income. I consider it a fun way to earn some cash, not work.
I immediately thought of the many niches that pictures can be used for...real estate, home and garden, financial and the list goes on and on.
I'd be interested in hearing if anyone who does purchase this system is successful, so we can pass the news on to others. I need to wait until I buy myself a digital camera. I am still in the dark ages using my 35mm, which I can't seem to part with
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
The year 2008 opened my eyes to many things, especially after being very ill. Overcoming illness made it feel like I had another chance. So...instead of saying...'one day'...or 'someday', I want 2009 to be 'the year' to do many things.
After watching the movie, The Bucket List, I decided I wanted 2009 to be more about me. I don't mean in a selfish way. That's not me at all. I only mean that I want to accomplish things on my to-do list, do things I have always wanted, but haven't or buy something I want, but always put off or do the home improvement job that I never seem to get around to do. Before I leave this earth there are things that need to be done.
Some things on My Bucket List:
1. Get the two tattoos I've always wanted. Ok, so I did get one and I love it!
2. Go on an airplane. Can you believe at 50 yrs young, I have never flown?!
3. Connect with my soul mate
4. Go on a vacation by plane
5. Swim with dolphins
6. Ride horseback along a beach with the one I love. This has been a dream of mine since childhood.
7. See something magnificent that takes my breath away
8. Be the best person I can be
9. Get involved with an organization that makes a difference
10. Become a member of Habitat for Humanity and help build a house for someone who is in need
11. Install my new kitchen floor. I have wanted a new kitchen floor for over 5 yrs.
12. Get my motorcycle permit and license
13. Buy my own Harley. I don't always want to be the passenger on the back.
14. Ride for a cause
I have to say, I am off to a good start and I feel great. I did get my first tattoo and just have to make the appointment to get my second one. I have connected with my soul mate and we booked our vacation to Mexico for March. So that takes care of #1,2,3 and 4. Hopefully while in Mexico, I can fulfill #'s 5,6, and 7.
#8 is in on going process and I feel while becoming more spiritual, my faith is stronger and I am a good person.
#'s 9 and 10 will hopefully be accomplished when the weather becomes warmer.
#11 will be completed this year
#12 will happen in April when I sign up for my Safety Riding Class
#13 realistically, might take me a bit longer as will #14 because I need to feel confidant on a motorcycle before I can ride for a distance.
I am sure I may add to my bucket list as time goes on, but it feels good to know I am finally doing the things I have always dreamed about, always thought...one day.
Do you have a Bucket List of your own?
I also think this helps with goal setting. Writing it down and just saying to myself...I CAN DO IT! Wanting it bad enough to accomplish what was always in the back of my mind.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
I am referring to The Duggar Family. This couple in their early forites have 18 children. 18! They have a reality show on TLC and can be viewed a few times each week. Check your local listings.
My boyfriend and I went to their website and we read every word this couple wrote. The inspiration...the strength...the love...the positive attitude...the faith...the encouragement...came soaring off the computer screen.
I don't believe for one second we happened upon this family by accident. You see...my boyfriend being a full time single Dad with two young children was feeling very overwhelmed and having doubts. Doubts about his parenting... about life...questioning his routines and disciplinary actions. Questioning how he can get his children to do their homework, chores and develop better hygiene habits without the constant struggle.
After reading the information on their website, he instantly felt better.He realized he was doing the right things, but just needed to reinforce certain house rules. Maybe his approach can be somewhat different. The support I was giving to him was confirmed by reading the Duggar's website and it made us both feel better. Somehow we even felt closer and we discussed other topics that we hadn't before. I believe my boyfriend is the best Dad and am very proud of him. I admire him so greatly for the things he does.
When through reading the Duggar's website, we knew we just had to watch their show. We watched one episode and absorbed the lessons learned.
Through their TV show, they share their rock-solid faith and their overriding belief that "children are a blessing from God." They also share the family routines and guidelines they've learned through biblical study and trial and error -- ideas that can help make your home a place of peace, love, and support.
By viewing their website and TV show, you can receive lessons on:
debt-free living,Organizing systems for a clutter-free home,
Homeschooling methods and schedules,Training tips for little ones
Relationship builders for older children,
Favorite Duggar family resources, homemade laundry soap recipe, plus other recipes that go a long way.
By no means do you need to be deeply religious to receive these life lessons or encouragement or feel the inspiration. You just need an open heart. I have never before seen a family like this one. They have such strong values, the love and the faith that make them unique and very successful. We all should be so lucky! Not too many people truly believe or live their beliefs...
Something that really struck me were their House Guidelines. I've posted them below to share because more people should live by these words.
The House Guidelines
* Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.
* Always display kind actions and joyful attitudes, even if you have been mistreated. Have the right response by quickly forgiving others in your heart even before they ask.
* Always be enthusiastic and look for opportunities to praise others' character.
* Always deflect praise and be grateful to God and others for the ways they have benefited your life.
* Always use manners and be respectful of others and their belongings.
* Always do what is right, even when others may not, or when no one is looking.
* Thank God for how He made you, for what He has given you and everything He allows you to go through. (Romans 8:28)
* Don’t mock or put others down. Develop compassion and pray for others.
* Never argue, complain, or blame. Quickly admit when you have done wrong and ask for forgiveness (even if you were only 10% at fault). Don't wait till you’re caught. * Be sure your sins will find you out. He who covers his sin will not prosper, but he that confesses and forsakes it shall find mercy.
* Have a tough accountability/prayer partner to daily share your heart with and to keep you in line (your parents, spouse). The power of sin is in secrecy.
* Be attentive and look for ways to serve others with sincere motives and no thought of self-gain. * Think pure thoughts (Philippians 4:8, Romans 13:14).
* Always give a good report of others. Don't gossip! Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone. (Use Matthew 18.)
* Never raise a hand to hit.
* Never raise a foot to kick.
* Never raise an object to throw.
* Never raise a voice to yell.
* Never raise an eye to scowl.
* Use one toy/activity at a time. Share!
* Do your best to keep your surroundings neat, clean and organized.
* Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to bed angry or guilty)
* Amendment J.O.Y. -
Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.
If you need a dose of inspiration, encouragement, faith, love, support etc...please do check out their website and/or watch this show. You WILL be glad you did
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Healthier and safer, not only for our bodies, but for our environment. I myself have noticed when buying body and skin care products, I opt for the organic ingredients contained within. I realize the synthetic ingredients do more harm than good.
Emerge Organic Skin Care is now available. The labs at Emerge have developed a breakthrough technology which protects our skin stem cells. This process tackles the chronological aging process that we all face....literally on our face. Who wants to look older than you feel? Certainly not me.
This technology enhances the production of human skin stem cells and protects our cells from stress. We all realize what stress can do to our bodies. On our face, it causes wrinkles, changes in skin tone etc...
Emerge Labs Skin Care promotes self-renewal of our skin. Studies have shown that the cells from a rare Swiss apple protects our skin stem cells. Using a patent-pending organic ingredient, called PhytoCellTec Malus Domsestica and plant cell culture technology, this is considered to be a breakthrough in anti-aging. This application maintains the function of our skin stem cells.
Take a look for yourself and develop your own opinion. If you want organic skin care products that are effective and good for your skin, you can find them at OrganicSkinCare.com.
BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More
BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More