A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.

a

Saturday, February 9, 2008

True Love

I found this in my email in box and wanted to share it with others.
Author unknown...

It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80's,
arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry
as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an
hour before someone would to able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch
and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his
wound.

On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the
needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's
appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me
no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while
and that she was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease. As we talked, I asked if
she would be upset if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew
who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

I was surprised, and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though
she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said, 'She doesn't know me, but I still
know who she is.'

I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and
thought, 'That is the kind of love I want in my life.'

True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of
all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.

6 comments:

Robin Lee Sardini said...

Sad and beautiful!

kaseyleem said...

Hi i wanted to tell you that i absolutely love your blog it's full of a tonne of great stuff!! I really enjoy reading it.. it's so good! I also have a blog which i am trying to promote it's called "Black in the new blog", dont ask me why.. but i would love it if you could check it out at www.blackinthenewblog.blogspot.com

Keep up the great work!

AC Associates said...

Robin,
This is both sad and beautiful...true love

Kaseyleem,
My goodness...thank you so much for your kind words. I will check out your new blog for sure.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

Ajay said...

Thats really touching...

Unknown said...

مسجات عتاب -
رسائل عتاب -مسجات نور ومهند -
مسجات وسائط -مسجات رومانسية -
وسائط حب رومانسية -مسجات اسلامية -
مسجات حب وغرام -رسائل غرام -
رسائل حب -مسجات حب -mms -وسائط ررومنسية روعة -رسائل مقالب -رسايل جديده -وسائط mms منوعة -
مسجات رومنسية -رسائل جوال -مسجات شعرية -وسائط دينية -مسجات استهبال -
مسجات حلوه -جميلات العرب -اليسا -
صور طبيعية -صور قلوب -
صور رومنسية -بلوتوث مزايين -
البوم صور مزايين - صور ماسنجر -
وسائط - صور حب -صور بنات -
صور بنات للمسن -

Anonymous said...

Those who belong to the recognized faiths demand that the control of their obedience rests on leak, and that pronouncement is given in the pages of books and accounts of miracles and wonders whose features is supernatural. But those of us who have protracted discarded the credence in the miraculous still are in the coolness of revelations which are the base of faith. We too partake of our revealed religion. We accept looked upon the clock of men and women that can be to us the symbols of that which is holy. We have heard words of divine reason and facts in fact oral in the possibly manlike voice. In sight of the domain there have hit to us these experience which, when accepted, give to us revelations, not of supernatural creed, but of a natural and inevitable certitude in the clerical powers that animated and live in the center of [a themselves's] being.

BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More

BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More