A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.

a

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Are You Afraid To Take Risks?


So the other day, after some thought, decided to take action regarding a situation in my life. A risk? yes, but if I didn't take action, how would I ever know if the outcome would be positive...how would I ever know if the outcome would be the one I wanted?

When deciding to take a risk, you have a 50-50 chance of the outcome turning out the way you want. Is it worth it? YES, I believe so. Fear shouldn't hold you back. There are many factors when taking a risk that people think about and may keep them from actually moving forward with their action.

Are you afraid of exposing your true self? Fear of being rejected? Fear of failure? Fear not being loved in return? Lack belief in yourself or others? Want to avoid conflict? More comfortable playing it safe? Afraid of looking like a fool?

But risk must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. If a person risks nothing,,,has nothing. If you avoid taking a chance or risk because you are afraid of suffering and sorrow, you simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love.

Change happens when taking a risk. I did think about this when I moved forward with my action. You have to be willing to accept change because whatever happens...whether positive or negative, it will involve change.

Do you take risks? If you have trouble moving forward...ask yourself these questions as I did...

What is keeping me from solving this problem?

How do I feel about choosing an action with an outcome that I am uncertain of?

What is the worst possible thing that could happen if I did or did not take action?

What are the possible consequences of not taking the risks necessary?

My answers to those questions, helped me move forward and I am very happy and satisfied that I did. Although I do not know the outcome yet...I know it was worth it.

What also helped me is the fact that I believe in taking a chance...you never know if you don't and living with regret is something I try not to do. I have taken many chances in the past and my successes outweigh the failures, so I kept that in mind also.



No comments:

BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More

BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More