A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.

a

Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Hospital Visit...

I usually don't like to let so much time go by in between posting, but I have been sick again since the weekend.

I briefly mentioned in a prior post that I was feeling ill. I did have a few days where I felt better, but... Having first thought it was a stomach bug and then thinking it was stress related, I finally had to go to the hospital.

After testing, I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. The preparation for the CAT scan (contrast & dyes) has caused a reaction and now my symptoms are much worse, but hopefully this will subside within a day.

The positive to this is that I am so familiar with this disease I know what to do to help myself. My son also has Crohn's and I have taken care of him during his flare ups. Diet is key and I am working on that so I can snap myself into remission and be pain and symptom free.

Bear with me, I'll be posting regular again real soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better. Once of my roommates had it and my good friend's dad has it, my good friend has JD I guess the propensity for autoimmune illnesses does run in families.
You take care of yourself.

BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More

BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More