A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.
Friday, November 21, 2008
How To Battle Clutter
I am the type of person that believes everything has a place. I don't have clutter in every room, but I will admit to paperwork sometimes taking over a spot on the counter or on a chair and my biggest problem with clutter is in my closet.
I was watching a show that contained some tips on removing clutter. Although removing clutter isn't associated with cleaning. Clutter needs to be put away, thrown out or donated.
Often people have clutter in their living spaces because of emotional attached to items. I for one have some trouble removing clothes or shoes from my closet. I'm always thinking...I'll wear that one day.
A few tips to help with your closet clutter are:
1. Hang all 'like' clothes together. All long sleeved/short sleeved, Black shirts, white shirts, black pants etc...This will help you from buying duplicate items in colors you already have.
2. How to hang our clothes in the closet:
Hang all hangers one way. As you wear an item, turn the hanger the opposite way. When you return the item to the closet, keep the hanger hanging in the opposite direction of all the others. Let 6 - 12 months go by. What ever hangers you have facing the 'other' way, remove that item because if you didn't wear that item for 6-12 months, it is likely you never will. Then decide to throw away or donate.
3. If you already know you haven't worn an article of clothing or pair of shoes in the last 12 months, decide to throw away or donate.
Other Clutter tips:
* Keep flat surfaces clear. Have an inbox for your paperwork, mail and bills. Sort through on a daily basis. Throw out junk mail immediately
* Get three boxes and mark them: Donate, Throw Away and Keep. You could also add a forth box marked Sell if you plan on having a garage sale.
Commit to 10-15 minutes each day and take one room at a time. Approach your clutter and decide in which box each item belongs.
* Have Kitchen cabinet clutter? You'll be amazed what you can accomplish in 10 or 15 minutes.Each day, take one cabinet at a time . Don't overwhelm yourself. This process may take several days to complete, but you will feel so good once this task is done.
* Ladies...clutter in the bathroom? Thrown out immediately used, broken or old cosmetics.
* After reading a magazine or newspaper, immediately put in the recycle bin
* Find a 'home' for everything and commit to a clutter free space
Have a clutter tip? Please leave your comment to help others by sharing your ideas and helpful tips.
BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More
BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More