A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.

a

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Are You Thankful?

I woke this morning feeling thankful…why does it take something horrible to happen in our lives before some are truly thankful and appreciate what they have?

We take so much for granted. Why do some wait until a holiday like Christmas to feel the love and share the warmth or Thanksgiving to express our thanks and say a prayer before the big dinner?

My saying is…”it can always be worse”. Be thankful for what we have and count our blessings now…

I have my senses about me…(ok, except for the senior in training moments!), I can see the world around me, touch my loved ones, smell the ocean and hear my favorite music. I couldn’t imagine being without. I have my health, my family, a job/business to attend to, which allows me a comfortable home, food on the table and other necessities.

I can walk in the sun and dance to my favorite song…

Life has a way of keeping us all busy, but we should slow down every once in a while and be thankful…appreciate each other and what we have in our lives. Tell those we love how much.

I'm thankful I don't have everything I want, it gives me something to hope for and desire. I'm thankful when I don't know something because then I have the opportunity to learn something new. During the difficult times, I grow as a person. I'm thankful for challenges because I find new strength. My mistakes give me the opportunity to learn lessons. I'm thankful that I try to turn each negative into a positive.

When I pray, I say thank you. Do you?

No comments:

BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More

BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More