A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.

a

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Do You Shop at the Dollar Store?

While at home recovering from my back surgery, I have been watching ALOT of TV. I'm getting hooked on all the talk shows. I do believe they have gotten better... offering valuable advice, tips and information we can use in our day to day lives for everyday people like you and I.

While watching Rachel Ray, one of her guests was author, Christine Jory, who's new book: The 99 cent store cookbook shows you how to cook Gourmet Recipes at Discount Prices.
I thought this was a great idea, especially with the current economic situation we are all facing. If you think visiting the 99 cent store is beneath you, think again. Stretching our budget is probably on the minds of many people lately and you can save a lot of money by shopping at these stores.

Here in Jersey we have dollar stores and I visit them for party goods or cleaning supplies, but now more and more dollar stores are expanding to include food items. After seeing the Rachel Ray show, I've learned that the food and food items are of the same quality sold at the food stores. Spices, canned foods, meat, cleaning supplies and in some cases, wine.. Maybe the product has a misprint on the label, an expiration date of weeks or months...why should I spend $3, $4 or even more for an item that will cost only a dollar at the dollar store? I could see how the savings will add up.

My next visit to the dollar store will include more items on my food shopping list and I want to see if I can really save using these dollar stores verses my usually food store.

Do you shop at these 99 cent or dollar stores in your area? If you are, do you feel you ARE saving a lot of money?

No comments:

BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More

BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More