A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.

a

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

I hope everyone had a nice day and enjoyed your loved ones.

For me, Father's Day is a bittersweet kind of day. Since my father's passing 6 years ago, there hasn't been a day that goes by that I don't think of him....something or someone reminds me of him...or I realize something I have learned from him or because of him.

So today with the weather so warm and full of sunshine, I chose not to feel sad or let negative feelings stop me from enjoying the day. Instead I thought of all the happy memories I have of my Dad, the times we laughed or cried and the lessons learned.

While I was brushing my dog this afternnon, I thought of the times Dad and I spent with our family dog years ago. How he taught me to train her, the proper way to care for her and how to respect animals. I guess that's why I am such an animal person and why I chose to work with animals many years back. hmm....

Today and everyday, create memories with your family...spend quality time...share something special that will leave a lasting memory.
Take pictures, record the happy times and leave a 'verbal' message on tape for your children.

Hearing my father's voice taped as he was singing brings him closer to me. I have listened to that tape so many times. It's like a gift...Allows me not to forget his voice...and how so many times as a kid we danced...my feet on his feet...he spun me around...

For My Dad...

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Hi. I found your very nice blog through a link on Wacky Mom's blog.. enjoyed reading thru it this morning. This post was just beautiful. Really beautiful memory of your dad.

take care and happy Tuesday :)

BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More

BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More