A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.

a

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fate…Destiny or Coincidence?

So which word would you use to describe someone who is constantly crossing my path? When I least expect to run into this person...there he is. When I thought I would never see him again, I end up bumping into him.

I could even be at a planned event and think for sure he would never be there, but I turn around...and there he is.

I could go out to meet with friends and find to my surprise that this person knows someone I know and was invited to join us.

I have been invited to go out somewhere and as I walk through the door, find this other person is already there.

It’s just one surprise after another...

Is it fate? Destiny? Or a Coincidence? These three words seem to be closely related. If you look up these three words in the dictionary, you will find the meanings to be:

Fate:

1. something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot:

2. the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events; time:

3. that which is inevitably predetermined; destiny:

4.a prophetic declaration of what must be

5. That which is inevitably destined.

Synonyms: fated, foreordained, ineluctable, inescapable, predestined, predetermined, unavoidable

Destiny:

1. something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune.

2. the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.

3. the power or agency that determines the course of events.

Synonyms: design, destination, expectation, fate, fortune, goal, inevitability, karma, kismet, purpose, stars, terminus,

Coincidence:

1. The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.

2. A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.
3. a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance:

Synonyms: accident, agreement, chance, concourse, concurrence, conjunction, correspondence, fate, fluke, parallelism

Now don’t get me wrong. Running into this person is not at all a bad thing. These occurrences have been happening for about a year and a half and it just has me wondering. Is it just meant to be? Or is there a deeper meaning?

2 comments:

Ajay said...

Hi
I think whatever you call it destiny,coincidence or fate,all three is difficult to understand, but I believe God has designed our life in such a way that we would never able comphrend its meaning and occurence of different happenings in totality ..Whatever happen,happen for best thats what I believe....

AC Associates said...

Hello Ajay,
How are you? I do hope you are doing well.
Thanks again for visiting and sharing your thoughts.
Those three words are difficult to understand sometimes. They seem in be intertwined.
I also believe things happen for a reason...

BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More

BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More