A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Fate…Destiny or Coincidence?
I could even be at a planned event and think for sure he would never be there, but I turn around...and there he is.
I could go out to meet with friends and find to my surprise that this person knows someone I know and was invited to join us.
I have been invited to go out somewhere and as I walk through the door, find this other person is already there.
It’s just one surprise after another...
Is it fate? Destiny? Or a Coincidence? These three words seem to be closely related. If you look up these three words in the dictionary, you will find the meanings to be:
1. something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot:
2. the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events; time:
3. that which is inevitably predetermined; destiny:
4.a prophetic declaration of what must be
5. That which is inevitably destined.
Synonyms: fated, foreordained, ineluctable, inescapable, predestined, predetermined, unavoidable
1. something that is to happen or has happened to a particular person or thing; lot or fortune.
2. the predetermined, usually inevitable or irresistible, course of events.
3. the power or agency that determines the course of events.
Synonyms: design, destination, expectation, fate, fortune, goal, inevitability, karma, kismet, purpose, stars, terminus,
1. The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.
2. A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.
3. a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance:
Synonyms: accident, agreement, chance, concourse, concurrence, conjunction, correspondence, fate, fluke, parallelism
Now don’t get me wrong. Running into this person is not at all a bad thing. These occurrences have been happening for about a year and a half and it just has me wondering. Is it just meant to be? Or is there a deeper meaning?
BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More
BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More