A place to inspire, motivate and encourage by providing posts on self improvement, health, family, women (and men), life, prayer, poems, quotes of wisdom and share ideas about life.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Inspiration from The Duggar Family
I am referring to The Duggar Family. This couple in their early forites have 18 children. 18! They have a reality show on TLC and can be viewed a few times each week. Check your local listings.
My boyfriend and I went to their website and we read every word this couple wrote. The inspiration...the strength...the love...the positive attitude...the faith...the encouragement...came soaring off the computer screen.
I don't believe for one second we happened upon this family by accident. You see...my boyfriend being a full time single Dad with two young children was feeling very overwhelmed and having doubts. Doubts about his parenting... about life...questioning his routines and disciplinary actions. Questioning how he can get his children to do their homework, chores and develop better hygiene habits without the constant struggle.
After reading the information on their website, he instantly felt better.He realized he was doing the right things, but just needed to reinforce certain house rules. Maybe his approach can be somewhat different. The support I was giving to him was confirmed by reading the Duggar's website and it made us both feel better. Somehow we even felt closer and we discussed other topics that we hadn't before. I believe my boyfriend is the best Dad and am very proud of him. I admire him so greatly for the things he does.
When through reading the Duggar's website, we knew we just had to watch their show. We watched one episode and absorbed the lessons learned.
Through their TV show, they share their rock-solid faith and their overriding belief that "children are a blessing from God." They also share the family routines and guidelines they've learned through biblical study and trial and error -- ideas that can help make your home a place of peace, love, and support.
By viewing their website and TV show, you can receive lessons on:
debt-free living,Organizing systems for a clutter-free home,
Homeschooling methods and schedules,Training tips for little ones
Relationship builders for older children,
Favorite Duggar family resources, homemade laundry soap recipe, plus other recipes that go a long way.
By no means do you need to be deeply religious to receive these life lessons or encouragement or feel the inspiration. You just need an open heart. I have never before seen a family like this one. They have such strong values, the love and the faith that make them unique and very successful. We all should be so lucky! Not too many people truly believe or live their beliefs...
Something that really struck me were their House Guidelines. I've posted them below to share because more people should live by these words.
The House Guidelines
* Always use soft words, even when you don’t feel well.
* Always display kind actions and joyful attitudes, even if you have been mistreated. Have the right response by quickly forgiving others in your heart even before they ask.
* Always be enthusiastic and look for opportunities to praise others' character.
* Always deflect praise and be grateful to God and others for the ways they have benefited your life.
* Always use manners and be respectful of others and their belongings.
* Always do what is right, even when others may not, or when no one is looking.
* Thank God for how He made you, for what He has given you and everything He allows you to go through. (Romans 8:28)
* Don’t mock or put others down. Develop compassion and pray for others.
* Never argue, complain, or blame. Quickly admit when you have done wrong and ask for forgiveness (even if you were only 10% at fault). Don't wait till you’re caught. * Be sure your sins will find you out. He who covers his sin will not prosper, but he that confesses and forsakes it shall find mercy.
* Have a tough accountability/prayer partner to daily share your heart with and to keep you in line (your parents, spouse). The power of sin is in secrecy.
* Be attentive and look for ways to serve others with sincere motives and no thought of self-gain. * Think pure thoughts (Philippians 4:8, Romans 13:14).
* Always give a good report of others. Don't gossip! Never tale-bear unless physical harm will come to someone. (Use Matthew 18.)
* Never raise a hand to hit.
* Never raise a foot to kick.
* Never raise an object to throw.
* Never raise a voice to yell.
* Never raise an eye to scowl.
* Use one toy/activity at a time. Share!
* Do your best to keep your surroundings neat, clean and organized.
* Never let the sun go down on your wrath. (Don’t go to bed angry or guilty)
* Amendment J.O.Y. -
Put Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.
If you need a dose of inspiration, encouragement, faith, love, support etc...please do check out their website and/or watch this show. You WILL be glad you did
BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs! Learn more about the world's most powerful collection of brainwave entrainment CDs. Enjoy ultra-deep meditation, Einstein's brain, total relaxation, the first "digital drug", and more. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More
BALANCE your CHAKRA - Your body feeling tight and muscles tangled? Chakra points imbalanced and out-of-alignment? Use binaural beats to feel great about yourself, from the comfort of your own home. Brand new CD just released. FREE International shipping and handling. Click Here to Learn More